The PTDF Scholarship scheme 2013/2014 is now open for application for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study in Nigeria and Overseas
The website is open to all applicants for the 2013/2014 academic session that experienced difficulties uploading relevant documents to their online application to attached and submit their documents. However, those who successfully applied and uploaded their documents need not apply again.
The Fund is also inviting suitably qualified candidates for MSc and PhD Scholarships. A combined aptitude test will be conducted for both 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 MSc applicants as well as oral interview for PhD applicants.
Eligible Field of Study
List Of Approved Courses For PTDF Scholarship
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (France)
B. Phd Priority Research Areas
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building & Marine Technology.
About PTDF Scholarship
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
Its mission therefore is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded for studies in the 2013/2014 academic session in the United Kingdom and France (Grenoble INP) and upgraded Universities in Nigeria for the 2013/2014 session. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only on subject areas listed below.
PTDF Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships in Nigeria and Overseas
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
A. UNDER GRADUATE (Nigeria Only)
1. Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
2. Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
3. Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
4. Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
5. Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
i. Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
ii. Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
iii. Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
B. MSc (Overseas)
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
ii. G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
iii. GMAT –for Management related courses
iv. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
I. Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline;
II. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
III. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
IV. Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
V. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
VI. Applicants must include their masters degree project
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of PTDF Scholarship
Full fee financial award and expense
Duration of PTDF Scholarship: for the duration of the degree programme
Eligible Countries for PTDF Scholarship
To be taken at (country): Overseas and Nigerian higher institutions
List of Nigerian Universities:
PTDF Scholarship Application Deadline
Application will be open between 2nd October, 2013 and 23rd October, 2013 for 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 applicants.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship
Application Forms can be accessed online at APPLICATION WEBSITE
Documents To Scan And Attach To The Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)